Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Switch Back, Take 2

Current Weight: 164.4
Lost so far: 45.6
Pounds to go: 9.4

Well, I finally hit a wall today. Up until now I've been pushing harder and harder and nothing was making me sore or really tiring me out.  Sounds good in theory because it means I'm much stronger but that also means I'm not making much progress.  So this morning, instead of the usual hike, we turned and headed up the much harder switch back trail.  There are 7 switch backs in total, from the first one that's a killer, the second that is nothing, and the others that fall in the middle somewhere.  I made it up the first one.  I know that doesn't sound like much but really that one is the monster with some killer inclines.  The last time I tried it, I didn't even finish the first one.  Today I finished it and then we headed back down.  And now I am still not sore but I am SO tired.  My muscles could totally keep up but my heart was pounding and I had to stop to catch my breath a lot since I'm just not used to that level of incline/cardio.  Tomorrow I will push it further, probably the first two since the second is much easier.  I'll bring my camera this time so you can see it, too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment