Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Ups and Downs

Current Weight: 157.0
Lost so far: 53.0
Pounds to go: 2.0

The Up:
This morning I realized that I am exactly 2 pounds away from my goal weight, that if I am really good this week I can actually reach my weight goal as early as next week. No, that doesn't mean I'll hit the other goal necessarily of 21% body fat (pretty sure that will take more like a month) but 155 is a major goal I set out to achieve more than a year ago now.  It's so exciting!

The Down:
A guy friend asked me if my husband is "ok" with how much weight I've lost.  Later he asked the husband about it as well.  The way he asked it suggested that he would not be okay with it.  Husband just told him that as long as my goals were healthy and achieved in a healthy way then he didn't see any problem with it but I thought the whole thing was entirely odd.  Is he saying I look bad where I'm at now or that I've lost too much?  I am still entirely in a healthy weight range and my body fat is somewhere around 23-24% so I think I'm doing just fine.  Or am I over-analyzing this and he just likes girls to be a little chubby, which I'm not anymore?  I don't know, kind of bummed me out a little.

Oh well, either way I'm closing in on my goals and the only person who can decide if they are right for me is me.  Somewhere within the next 5 pounds I should be at my body fat goal and I'm really excited about that. 

Today Zumba starts up again after a holiday break.  I've been out for a month and I'm sure today will just kick my butt, but right now I'm thinking that's a good thing to look forward to.  To add to the "kicking of my own ass" effect I'm also doing the Fab-Abs challenge from ShrinkingJeans.net along with a co-worker this month.  Today is Day 3 and so far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment