Monday, January 14, 2013

Daily

Today we recorded a temperature of 1, though it quickly was up to a sunny 15 degrees by about lunch time.  Luckily, in 2 or 3 days it's supposed to shoot up a full 20 degrees on the daily highs.  I never thought I could be so happy about the prospect of temperatures in the 40s but there it is.  The lower temperatures generally mean I'm exercising less as I hide in the warmth of the house so I have no changes in progress to report today, either up or down.

With it all being so cold outside I've been gravitating to my natural habitat, curled in my favorite chair with a book, a warm blanket, and my coffee.  In the last few months I've been through quite a few books actually, but my "to read" stack has also been quickly growing.  Recent reads include:
The Hunger Games trilogy
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Eat Pray Love
The Secret Confessions of a Call Girl
The Help

With the exception of Eat Pray Love, I devoured these books, hundreds of pages per day.  EPL, however, disappointed me and I've only gotten half way through.  It was awfully wordy and seemed to take a while to get where it was going.  I don't know, maybe my expectations were to high for that one but I'll keep going because the idea of not finishing a book kills me.  In fact, I've only not finished two books that I've started: Moby Dick and Fanny Hill, both of which I just could not get into and that made reading into a chore.

Read any good books lately?  Love one I hated, hate one I loved?

No comments:

Post a Comment