Wednesday, January 30, 2013

DietBet

So, I joined in on a diet bet.  Actually, I joined in on two of them.  This one starts on Friday, this one on Monday.  Am I crazy?  Yeah, probably.  But even if I don't win it, the motivational kick in the pants sure can't hurt.

I love Roni's Weigh (hosting the first one )

And I've recently started following the Anti-Jared on Facebook, who is hosting the second bet.

The idea is that you have 4 weeks to lose 4% of your body weight (which for me is gonna be a little over 6 pounds).  I figure I'm crazy because, this late in the game for me, that's a lot to lose.  Either way though, it's motivation and if I manage it then I will be ready to switch over to maintaining instead of losing as I will be between 150-155. 

I think the biggest challenge I face currently is trying to not eat everything the kids eat (like when they want those orange cinnamon rolls from a can) and this will motivate me to not touch it.  Late night craving for some left over Christmas candy that the kids STILL have not eaten?  Beaten.  Over doing the starchy-carby stuff?  Solved for a while.  So, yeah, even if I don't hit the target but I lose half of that then I'm going to be ecstatic anyway.

If you join in on either of them I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment