Monday, July 9, 2012

What Started It?

Current Weight: 170.6
Lost so far: 39.4
Pounds to go: 15.4


How did I decide to lose the weight and mean it?

All the little things added up, I guess.  Several years ago, after my 3rd child was born, I lost 80 pounds in 7 months.  Over the time since then I have put back 50 on, slowly.

Tagged Facebook pictures are often awful and I knew I was starting to look fat again but I kind of brushed it off that they were from a bad angle or whatever.  There were more of them than there used to be but I didn't see that fat girl in the mirror yet.

Then a friend at work, meaning well and kind of sticking his foot in his mouth, said that he noticed that since I got married I was going with the 'fat and happy' path.  I think he felt bad once he said it and I tried to take it in stride but it did kind of sting.

One of my sisters lost a lot of weight recently and told me that my original weight loss was her inspiration and here I was, fat again (though at least not as fat as before).

I went out to a lovely fancy night with several friends and their spouses last November and all of the girls are tiny girls and I was the 'fat friend' in all of the pictures, which was completely mortifying.

Then I weighed myself around Christmas and the 200+ number became 210 which tipped me into 'obese' instead of 'overweight'.  And the straw broke the camel, all of the little things added up.

I've almost taken off 40 of those 50 pounds I put back on.  Now I'm going for those last 10, +5 more for good measure and I've learned that it's not enough to take it off.  I have to change how I live and eat after I lose it or 8 years from now I am going to be doing this again and that's not okay.

What was the moment for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment