Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I'm gonna do it!

Current Weight: 166.5
Lost so far: 43.5
Pounds to go: 11.5

Remember that 5K I mentioned a few weeks ago? Well, I'm gonna do it.  Yup, I said it (and scared myself by saying it).  I'm going to start the Couch to 5K program this week and I'm going to voluntarily run...

Also, I met with the fitness center coordinator at work today to do a body fat test.  Yup, 27%, just like I thought based on measurement calculators.  So, doing the math = 168.5 (after breakfast/hydration weight) * .27 = 122.5 lean mass.  Well, close enough anyway as the test can be a few percentage points off (calipers) but we'll assume it's correct for now.

Obviously, losing muscle is not on the options list so if I want:
24% body fat that's 122.5/.76 = 161
21% body fat that's 122.5/.79 = 155

My goal of 155 is still potentially realistic but I'd have to be in pretty good shape to do it (less than 21 is considered Athlete, 21-24 is Fitness, 25-31 Average, etc).  She explained that in order to do it I'm going to have to shake it up somehow as 2x week Zumba that got me here (love that class!) is probably not enough by itself to get me where I want to be.  Hence, committing to the 5K that I've been thinking about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment