Monday, September 17, 2012

Tired

Current Weight: 162.0
Lost so far: 48.0
Pounds to go: 7.0

I stalled a bit this week.  I've been going to physical therapy for my hip numbness and it turns out that my left hip (specifically the ilium) is tilted funny in comparison to my right, creating numbness as the sacroiliac joint pinches a nerve.  My biggest problem there is that I have no core strength, like really none, so we're focusing on that along with weekly adjustments to keep pushing that hip back where it goes.  Since I don't have much core strength my hips are not being properly supported when I run and it results in sideways force instead of mostly forward force like I want.  I'm hoping that as I strengthen those muscles it will have the added benefit of speeding up my running since I will stop wasting energy on so much sideways motion.

The only trouble with physical therapy is it really makes me sore when I'm adjusted.  She moves things around on Thursday and until Saturday morning I'm kinda useless, which puts a bit of a damper on things.  Not just the original hip but my other hip gets sore as it starts taking up the work it was supposed to do in the first place and my back and shoulders as well (my spine is also a tiny bit out of alignment and we're working on that as a secondary issue).  I just ache and then I feel whiny. 

This Sunday I did manage to get my butt out the door for a run but I just wasn't feeling it.  I went for 2 miles and called it good enough for the day.  Tonight I'm going to work on the core exercises and tomorrow I'll do Zumba and run again.  I just hope this achy crap is a faze that I can see the end of soon.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment