Monday, June 25, 2012

Photos

We all have those photos that someone else took that are unflattering.  Doesn't matter how skinny/fit/pretty you are, those photos exist.  I don't usually take photos of myself (hard to do without a mirror) so I went looking back at photos I was tagged in on Facebook so I could a before/after and yup, there were those awful pics.  What's odd, though, is the pics that were NOT "bad pictures".  I looked at several otherwise decent pics and thought "wow, I was fat" but then realized that I never felt all that fat and right now, 35+ pounds lighter, I don't really feel much different.  Was I too easy on myself then?  Too hard on me now?  I don't know.  Certainly it's possible that I will feel differently in the coming months as I lose a few more pounds and get used to this changed body but today I still feel like that same physical me that I was. 

At that time I thought I looked pretty good but now looking at them I think I looked fat.  I was kinda pretty fat, but I was fat.  So...  I thought I looked good but I didn't really (in my current opinion).  Well, I think I look good now but if I was wrong then?  I don't know, maybe I'm over thinking this.  Hard to motivate myself when I can see a difference but I'm not feeling one (isn't it supposed to be the opposite that is usually the problem?).  Sigh...  I guess it doesn't help that the swimsuit that fit me last year still fits now and I don't even know how that's possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment