Wednesday, November 28, 2012

So Far, So Shiny

I realize it's only a few days in but I'm happy to say that I'm sticking to my goals.  Last Christmas I set out at 210 pounds to lose 50 pounds and get to 160.  I achieved that some months ago and revised my goal to 155 so that I would be smack dab in the middle of the "healthy" range of BMI.  Of course, BMI doesn't mean a lot once you get into a good weight but I wanted to be able to say I made the original goal, that I finished something. 

Once I'm in the range of 150-155 then I'm in happy maintenance mode (that will be about 18-21% body fat at that weight).  Since it's down from where I am now and most of my remaining fat is on my hips, thighs, and bottom that will probably drop my pant size again and I'll wear a 4/6 instead of 6/8 (Jeans are usually at the smaller size, everything else at the larger).  I thought about that last night and it kind of blew my mind.  Even in high school I don't remember ever wearing a 4 or even a 6.  I always bought clothes at a 7/8 size back then. 

I've always assumed that people who are tall can't wear a 4 or smaller because those sizes are for shorter girls (who I would expect have narrower/smaller hips since they are shorter).  I have absolutely NO desire to see a size 2 or to regularly wear a 4 as I think I would look just awful at the weight required to do that but it's pretty cool to think that a 6 could be a new normal for me.  I have a trip scheduled for Oregon down the road and I look forward to some shopping (no sales tax!) with my sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment